Sunday, April 26, 2009

April 26th 2009 - removed carpet

Today I started cleaning her up. The carpet smelled like a wet cat (and the cat piss to go with it!) and had lots of white fur and a few feathers. At some point a cat made this car home.

Once I took a lot of pictures, I removed everything I could that I needed to and removed the carpet. I found some surface rust on the passengers side and almost nothing on the drivers! The carpet was still wet(?) so we took a few more pictures outside on the driveway and stuffed it into a garbage bag.


I also sorted through all the parts the previous owner had taken off and found everthing I was looking for. One critical part, the center console is screwed up. Whomever took it out used a sawzall on it. See the picture.


Meghan helped me take the hood off and I found a nice place for it in the shed. Here again only minor surface rust.

I then vacummed the whole car, including what looked like birds nest in the cowl.

Next step: Headliner. Need to find directions how to get it out. It didn't look obvious so I didn't try today.

Time today and so far: 4 hours






Engine bay:



rust on roof above hatch:



rust under the battery:



rust under the sway bar mount/battery:



build sheet. Damn it!



passenger floor pan



console cut in half:



excellent condition dash:



pile of parts:

1 comment: