Saturday, December 10, 2011

Back from the machine shop

After 3 engines, I was finally able to find a block that could be bored out and cleaned up. Sent it to Goza Automotive in Acworth for some work.

Cleaned up block. Bored 0.030 over, new freeze plugs, crank line bored.


Pistons: 0.030 CP pistons from Bo-port by way of Stinger. Shotpeened rods, bushed little end, big end 'cleaned up'.


Crank polished:


Needs a little more clean up on the block before painting:


Since Christmas is right around the corner I'm not going to be able to assemble it for at least a month. I put it on the engine stand today and covered it with a couple of clean towels. Any advice on how to store it for a month or so?

FYI: all 3 heads had significant cracks in them, so none were rebuildable. I took the other two blocks and the three heads to a recycling place today and got $44. Whoo Hoo.

1 comment:

  1. I got a giant trash bag (something like a contractor trash bag), and tied it over the entire engine whenever I was not working on it.

    ReplyDelete