Thursday, December 29, 2011

Junk yard trip

Today I went to the junk yard (Atlanta Pick-a-part technically) to look for some parts for the Capri. Main thing I was looking for were driver's and passenger's side drip rails for a < 87. Mine are crimped from where a previous owner had put a ski rack on the car.

Unfortunately I could only find chrome ones, and only one good set and one good passenger side. I did also find several of the moldings that go at the base of the windshield where it meets the cowl, since both of my were broken.

I also found an 81 Capri only in the yard a few days. It was in very good condition and should have been saved and restored. No rust anywhere that I could find, even under the floor boards. I picked off one of the front moldings, but the other was glued and screwed on so I gave up. There were a couple of guys taking the doors off when I left.

I also got a coil and bracket and a window slider to replace the rusted one on the car now. Not bad for 2 hours of wandering around.

No comments:

Post a Comment