Sunday, June 8, 2014

92v063000 Recall on the Capri Seat Belts

One item that I came across during all my research about this car was a recall in early 90’s about the seat belts falling apart. Details here:

When I went to the junkyard over the memorial day weekend one of the things I found was a pair of seat belt buckles that had already been repaired. This weekend I replaced my existing belts with new ones.

Here is a good picture showing what happens to the buckles that lead to recall. When the white part breaks off, nothing is holding the buckle to the belt!


Here is what it looked like after I took it apart:


First, remove the outer cover by gently prying up on it with a small flat head:


Then take note of the orientation of the buckle on the belt, and to the ‘loop’ on the B pillar:



Loosen the belt and gently push down the clips holding the plastic to the metal bar. Separate the two and reverse the process to install.
Here is an up close view of the clip to push down to release from the metal bar.



Here is what two of the black clips look like:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment