Sunday, July 19, 2009

Seat pictures, strange fenders?

Not a lot of progress on the Capri shell lately, but I finally found some seats for the Capri. The 84 seats are impossible to find for some reason, but I've seen (and bid) on a number of 85-86 seats. Most were expensive plus shipping, so I was looking locally first before committing to an auction. Found these on Craig's List. Local in pretty good shape.



Drivers seat isn't that bad.



The big difference between these and the 84s are the piping in 84 was blue and 85+ was red. Yes I can get seat foam and replacement upholstery, but at least now I'll have something to sit in!

The second Craig's List find was a pair of excellent condition fenders for a Capri. I paid $100 for them and I figure I'd spend way more than that repairing the surface rusted ones I have now.

However, these are strange. The guys said they came off a Mustang that someone had put them on, but if you look closely there is no cutout in the left front part for the turn signal. If they are original's put on another car that area would be cut out. Weird.

New:



Original:



Both in same picture:



From Behind. Silver:



Original:

No comments:

Post a Comment